Pennies 'n' Pyros
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Because why not?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tim Burton ftw!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Typho
Admin
Typho

Tim Burton ftw! Empty
PostSubject: Tim Burton ftw!   Tim Burton ftw! EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 6:46 pm

Favorite Tim Burton film?

For me, it's The Nightmare Before Christmas. Arguably his lightest and even though the main character was a total spook, he was well meaning and you left feelin' good. He tried to do it again with Corpse Bride. It was lacking some Tim Burton-y kind of thing though, can't put my finger on what...
Back to top Go down
https://penro.forumotion.com
Captain Diamonds

Captain Diamonds

Tim Burton ftw! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tim Burton ftw!   Tim Burton ftw! EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 6:56 pm

Personality. To me the characters in Corpse Bride didn't have much of it. It was just too...Bland in my opinion. Too stale. No life or color like NMBC.
Back to top Go down
Typho
Admin
Typho

Tim Burton ftw! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tim Burton ftw!   Tim Burton ftw! EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 7:33 pm

Captain Falc0wn wrote:
Personality. To me the characters in Corpse Bride didn't have much of it. It was just too...Bland in my opinion. Too stale. No life or color like NMBC.

Personally, I think that that's probably about right, but that would just make a sucky movie, this just felt like it wasn't Burton.

I think characters need some sort of conflict to be true heroes and need to be better focused in their evil goal if they're villains. Jack had his good intentions, yet his desire to please Halloween Town; Sally had her love, yet her grim prophecy. The Corpse bride characters seemed... flat, I guess.
Back to top Go down
https://penro.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Tim Burton ftw! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tim Burton ftw!   Tim Burton ftw! Empty

Back to top Go down

Tim Burton ftw!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pennies 'n' Pyros :: Go Idle? :: Really long Cutscenes-
Jump to: