Pennies 'n' Pyros
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Because why not?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Favorite books/ series (manga included)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
St2udent
Admin
St2udent

Favorite books/ series (manga included) Empty
PostSubject: Favorite books/ series (manga included)    Favorite books/ series (manga included) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 7:50 pm

Post the name of the series that made you laugh, cry and had you on the edge of your seat. Tell why you loved em and the general category of Literature it belongs to(Biography , Alternate history, etc.) Also Science Fiction discussion board (flying cars, anyone?)

I have to say Ender's Game is the book that most influenced my life. Orson Scott Card breathed life into his characters to make them truly relate-able and believable , without the use of any angsty teenage drama crap. His description of battles taking place hundreds of light years away blew my mind , and made me weep. (Science Fiction)

"Earth is the cradle of humanity
but mankind cannot stay in the cradle forever"
Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
Back to top Go down
Typho
Admin
Typho

PostSubject: Re: Favorite books/ series (manga included)    Favorite books/ series (manga included) EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 6:02 pm

Life of Pi by Yann Martel. This book is near impossible to describe in a paragraph. The best I could do is to say the plot: Indian boy on a lifeboat with some animals, notably a tiger since a cat is fine too. When you read it for symbolism though, it's so chocolatey-coated with the stuff that it'll take you seventy-two times longer to read since it'll be some awesome.
Back to top Go down
https://penro.forumotion.com
VideoG2

VideoG2

PostSubject: Re: Favorite books/ series (manga included)    Favorite books/ series (manga included) EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 7:10 pm

For manga/anime whatever the heck the difference is, I would have to choose Sgt. Frog. IT'S CUZ OF THE LULZ.

For book series I would have to say ANYTHING by Darren Shan. Cirque Du Freak and Demonata FTW.
Back to top Go down
http://videog2.deviantart.com/
Typho
Admin
Typho

PostSubject: Re: Favorite books/ series (manga included)    Favorite books/ series (manga included) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 11:06 am

Oh, I forgot for manga... MEGATOKYO.
Back to top Go down
https://penro.forumotion.com
Captain Diamonds

Captain Diamonds

PostSubject: Re: Favorite books/ series (manga included)    Favorite books/ series (manga included) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 6:17 pm

FUCK YEAH! MEGATOKYO!

"We don't even have money for food!"

"But...We can still buy beer right?"

Ohhhh Largo...You make me lol.
Back to top Go down
St2udent
Admin
St2udent

PostSubject: Re: Favorite books/ series (manga included)    Favorite books/ series (manga included) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 10:56 pm

Megatokyo..... man I gotta get around to reading some more of that ..........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite books/ series (manga included)    Favorite books/ series (manga included) Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite books/ series (manga included)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pennies 'n' Pyros :: Go Idle? :: Thicker than a manual, less pictures-
Jump to: